The Classic Footstool Course is a wonderful way to spend a day with a group of friends, a party or special occasion, or a work team building exercise with a difference. Have an enjoyable experience with friends or colelagues and leave with your own unique footstool and a whole new set of skills. Thsi course is suitable for beginners.
Contact me and I can arrange a date to suit your group requirements.
For a group booking and to qualify for group discount there must be 3-4 people.
Usual day price is £165 per person
Bookings of 3 people qualify for 15% discount = £140.25 per person
Bookings of 4 people qualify for 20% discount = £132.00 per person
Include lunch and fizz for an extra £15 per person🍾!
To qualify for the discount, full payment for the whole group must be made in 1 transaction.
As a graduate of the UKs leading upholstery school, Manchester's 'Ministry of Upholstery', I have received Anthony Devine's stamp of approval, and can now offer one of his much loved footstool courses. Anthony can been seen in the new BBC1 tv show called Flipping Profit and also appears in BBCs Money For Nothing.
The classic footstool course is a one-day extravaganza combining painting techniques with upholstery, perfect for beginners. You will start the day with a solid hardwood frame and throughout the day you will follow my step by step guidance, learning all about the tools and materials used, as well as covering lots of techniques from webbing, applying hessian and wadding, cutting fabric and corners. You will also be introduced to basic painting techniques and have an opportunity to choose from a wide range of colours to paint your legs to match your fabric choice! At the end of the day’s course you will be able to take your footstool home to show off your new-found skills!
The course includes everything you need to make your stool, you just need to supply one metre of fabric. Class sizes are kept small so that you benefit from greater one-to-one teaching and if you then fancy making another footstool for your friend or family member (and trust us, you will be asked!) then kits, containing everything you need to make the stools, will be available to purchase on the day. Treat yourself to a new skill or purchase a gift voucher course for a friend!
This workshop starts at 9.30am and will be held at:
Scruffy Upholstery Studio
1 Wharfebank Mews
Rear of 4-6 Bridge Street
The Studio is through the archway just next to Cooplands Bakery on Bridge Street in Tadcaster.
Classic Footstool frame.
All tools and materials for the day including paint.
All you need is 1 Metre of fabric which you’ll need to bring with you on the day.
Teas & coffees included.
For that extra special occasion, lunch and fizz can be provided at an extra cost of £10 per person. To arrange this, please contact me at the time of booking and let me know any dietry requirements.
Cancellations must be made 14 days in advance to receive a full refund.
There is plenty of free on street parking available. There is also a nearby car park behind Bridge Street.
Ministry of Upholstery Classic Footstool Course Group Bookings
- You will need 1 metre of your own choice of fabric, which you bring with you on the day.
- Please ensure your chosen fabric is 'suitable for upholstery'. Fabrics that are stated to be only 'suitable for soft furnishings and blinds' tend to be unsuitable for upholstery. Please get in touch with me about your fabric choice if you are unsure.
- I have a good range of fabric samples if you wish to purchase from me. Please contact me well in advance of the course if you wish to do this, as fabric will have to ordered in.
- Please wear sensible footwear, no open-toed shoes, sandals or flip flops.
- Contact me in advance if you have any queries.
- Please note, sometimes a minimum number of students is required for each day course to run. If I feel I cannot fill a day course, I will offer you an alternate date or a refund. Courses will be held on a monthly basis. Please contact me if you are a group of 5 or 6 and wish to arrange a specific date and I will try my best to accommodate you.
- Cancellations must be made 14 days in advance to receive a full refund.