Due to popular demand, I am delighted to be able to offer this exciting 2 day course for beginners.
This is a 2 day course in which you will create your own unique, deep buttoned footstool.
This course is absolutely suitable for beginners, but will take you to a more advanced level of upholstery, using the same techniques you see on a chesterfield sofa!
You will be amazed at the results that you can achieve with my guidance.
At the end of the day’s course you will be able to take your beautiful ottoman footstool home to show off your new-found skills!
The course includes everything you need to make your stool, you just need to supply one metre of fabric. Class sizes are kept small so that you benefit from greater one-to-one teaching. Treat yourself to a new skill or purchase a gift voucher course for a friend!
This workshop will run over 2 days starting at 09:30 am and will be held at:
Scruffy Upholstery Studio
1 Wharfebank Mews
Rear of 4-6 Bridge Street
The Studio workshop is through the archway just next to Cooplands Bakery on Bridge Street in Tadcaster.
Large Footstool frame with queen anne legs.
Approximate measurements: height 32cm, width 48cm, length 73cm.
All tools and materials for the day including paint.
All you need is 1 Metre of fabric which you’ll need to bring with you on the day.
Teas, coffees provided.
Please contact me if you are a group and wish to arrange a specific date and I will try my best to accommodate you.
Cancellations must be made 14 days in advance to receive a full refund.
There is plenty of free nearby parking available.
Ottoman Footstool course
- You will need 1 metre of your own choice of fabric, which you bring with you on the day.
- Please ensure your chosen fabric is 'suitable for upholstery'. Fabrics that are stated to be only 'suitable for soft furnishings and blinds' tend to be unsuitable for upholstery. Please get in touch with me about your fabric choice if you are unsure.
- I have a good range of fabric samples if you wish to purchase from me. Please contact me well in advance of the course if you wish to do this, as fabric will have to ordered in.
- Please wear sensible footwear, no open-toed shoes, sandals or flip flops.
- Contact me in advance if you have any queries.
- Please note, sometimes a minimum number of students is required for each day course to run. If I feel I cannot fill a day course, I will offer you an alternate date or a refund. Courses will be held on a monthly basis. Please contact me if you are a group of 5 or 6 and wish to arrange a specific date and I will try my best to accommodate you.
- Cancellations must be made 14 days in advance to receive a full refund.